Thursday, January 03, 2013

{vintage} typewriters

Sewing machines have a tendency to follow me home... and apparently so do typewriters...
 

This one has been moving around with us for the past fifteen years or so. In our last move, it wound up in the barn where it's been safe from my children, but not from dirt. It originally came from an estate sale, so it wasn't clean when it found its way to me.
 

We found this cute aqua one at a rumage sale three summers ago. The price tag, which I still haven't removed, reads three dollars. The old ladies manning the sale felt that was "far too much," so I think we wound up paying two. At the same sale, I bought Teenage Daughter a fabulous vintage black leather jacket for fifty cents.
 
 
And, because she won't share her cut aqua machine with her brother and he decided that he needed one too, I wound up with this one from yet another estate sale...
 

This post is linked to Time Travel ThursdayTreasure Hunt ThursdayVintage Thingie Thursday, and Ivy and Elephants.

2 comments:

Jeanne, backyard neighbor said...

a nice collection of old typewriters. How fun to have such great vintage treasures. Happy hunting.
xo, Jeanne

LV said...

I have been there and used them. That is one thing I am glad computers replaced.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails