Saturday, January 19, 2013

trying not to lose the pieces

For the past couple of weeks, I've been using these little plastic containers from the Dollar Tree to keep track of my bow tie pieces and the 1 1/2" strips for my little bitty trip around the world blocks.
 

They're not large enough to hold many pieces, but I've got bigger project boxes for that. These are just the right size to keep pieces ready to sew when I've got a few minutes to sit down at the machine. They stack nicely. And they come in different  colors. Because one of these days I might remember which project is in which color box.

What do you use to keep your little pieces together?

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Neat idea. I use those clear plastic lidded tubs that salad comes in fom the grocery store. They are clear see through and a good size to keep scraps in...And a great way to recycle soemthing destined for the trash can.
conn_and_vans_mom(at)yahoo(dot)com

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I use the little white trays they sell at Walmart or Target for organizing drawers. No covers, but they stack nicely when not in use or only partially full. Another tip that I read somewhere and use is paper plates to put pieces cut for one block on and stack them up for transport to the sewing table.

CitricSugar said...

I'm a ziploc'er but I need to come up with a better system. Ziploc bags do not stack. They slide. But not stack.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails