Monday, January 21, 2013

THIS is fun!


Next time, I need to put something next to the blocks for scale. I don't think you can tell from the picture that this only measures 18x24"



There are 72 different fabrics in these twelve blocks. I want to see how far I can get without any duplicates. I don't think I'll run out of fabric choices before I start to lose track and make unintentional repeats. But that's okay. However it turns out, there's going to be a LOT of different fabric in it!

I've been sorting through scraps and I've got a whole pile of new-to-me fabrics to cut 1 1/2" strips from.  The extra length from those strips goes into the little shoe box for my Lego quilt. And if the pieces are big enough, I cut a couple of bow ties, too.

To see more design walls, head over to Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

You've been planting ideas! I have a Scrappy many trips as well as a 9 patch from those scraps up on my design wall. 4 Project Linus quilts started...2 ready to quilt!

Angie in SoCal said...

This is so colorful!

Jo said...

I love this with not many neutrals. CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!! Is this going to be baby or big people sized??

janequiltsslowly said...

Do Tell: how long do you cut your 1.5" strips to make your strip sets? How big is each finished block? I should not be asking this . . .

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails