Thursday, January 17, 2013

the only ones I could find...

I love hand knit socks, especially if they've got fancy stitch patterns and texture.   Over the past decade, I've knit myself at least a dozen pairs, some with lace and cables.

But could I find a matching pair to take a picture of?


Not a chance. Because as much as I love knitting socks and admiring handknit socks, I don't wear them. It might have something to do with the fact that I don't wear shoes if I can avoid it.

This post is linked to Show Us Your Socks at Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

Denise :) said...

*sigh* I used to *never* wear shoes ... or sock ... but now I wear both. I like the mismatch look! In fact, I think they sell them mismatched these days (because hey, let's face it -- the dryer eats one of every pair anyway, right)?! :)

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Well - if you consistently use the same pattern and yarn - mismashed socks won't really matter because they will feel the same! Not much (if any) of a sock shows anyway if you are wearing pants and boots! Cheers! Evelyn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails