Sunday, January 20, 2013

plans for the week

I've got the top for this week's baby quilt done, and the backing fabric picked out. I even know where this fabric came from!   
 

If I can figure out which safe place I put my walking foot in, I'm going to try this quilting technique. Have you seen 31 Days of Walking Foot Quilting at Petit Design Co?! 

I've never loved my walking foot. After quilting circles on the blue barn raising baby quilt, I started to change my mind, just a little bit....and this series of tutorials might have me fully embracing the possibilities of the walking foot before long.

And that quilt I fell in love with, the one that made me want to quilt in a giant spiral and dig out my walking foot in the first place -- there's a tutorial! Rail fence blocks with half inch wide pieces -- do I even need to tell you how bady I want to do that?

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric Used this Week: 3 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 12.25 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 10 yards
Net Used for 2012: 2.25 yards


Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 0 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 0 yards
Net Added for 2013: 0 yards

To see more weekly stash reports, click over to Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I came across 31 Days of Walking Foot Quilting when I started quilting again and have been so inspired by it! So many great ideas.

DeeDee said...

I like your green scrappy trip quilt. Great idea about your year of baby quilts, they usually go together quickly and are adorable. Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails