Thursday, January 03, 2013

Meet Benny and Lucas

I've got two finishes to show off this week!

Here's Benny...



And here's Lucas...


I decided to start naming my baby quilts because it gets hard to keep track of them. There's "the red one" and "the blue one" and "the other red one" and more scrappy ones than I can count. Last year, I made two different quilts that both got written down as "pink hearts" and wound up so confused that, until I saw them side by side, I thought I'd counted the same one twice.

A nice side-effect of naming them is that it's boosted my creativity a bit and has me trying to make each quilt fit its name.

This post is linked to to Finish it Up Friday, Can I get a Whoop Whoop?Link a Finish Friday, and Freedom Fridays.
One Artsy Mama

11 comments:

Laura said...

If you name them like hurricanes (in ABC order), you can easily keep track of how many you make.

Deanna said...

CUTE! I particularly like Bennie. Scrappy-happy.

Vic in NH said...

Bennie is so cute! did you piece those as individual squares, or was it strip-pieced? I love it!

Joanne said...

I too have tackled the 50 quilt challenge. We have more call for larger quilts in our area but the need is always there. Good luck. Joanne

Nancy in IN said...

Great idea to name; I make a lot of scrappy and never know which one I'm talking about. I also like the idea of ABC order.

What Comes Next? said...

great quilts - and I like your naming idea - I have far too many scrappy baby quilts!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Great quilts - I especially like Benny. Congrats on finishing two!

Mike Pearson said...

Good plan!

Sarah Craig said...

Such cute quilts, and I love your names! Whoop whoop!!

rubyslipperz1052 said...

fun quilts!...I like to name quilts too...and sewing machines, and spinning wheels and....

hugZ,
annie

Richard Healey said...

I need to work on my quilt naming too. Some times I do a great job at naming and then I go weeks with out doing any names. They are easier to track when you have names and you don't name 2 the same (been their done that) Thanks for linking up.

Richard and Tanya Quilts
Track My Shows

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails