Sunday, January 27, 2013

low volume scraps

All of the gorgeous low volume quilts I've been seeing lately inspired me to go up in the sewing room last week and dig out all of the light and neutral scraps I could quickly lay my hands on, the ones that weren't already set aside for that pineapple quilt I'm going to make one of these days.
 
There were a surprising lot of them and it didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would to find enough prints and cut enough squares for the experiment I have in mind. Most of these are fabrics I had no plans for, so I'm happy for a chance to use them up.
 


Weekly Stash Report

Fabric Used this Week: 2.25 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 14.5 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 10 yards
Net Used for 2012: 4.5 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 200 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 200 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 0 yards
Net Used for 2013: 200 yards

To see more weekly stash reports, click over to Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Those low volume quilts just keep grabbing my attention too, and your stack of fabrics there are luscious. Do you have the 'Sunday Morning Quilts' book---that where I first fell in love the with low volume. Can't wait to see what you make. Your fingerless gloves are divine---I'm totally a novice knitter and intimidated by these but I would love to make a pair. Were the 'fingers' hard to do?

DeeDee said...

What a great pile of scraps. Looking forward to seeing what you make with them. Congrats on your numbers.

Quilting Nonnie said...

I've visited your blog a couple of times from Judy's Stash Report. I can't wait to see what you do with the neutrals. I adore your Nancy Drew Kindle cover. I spent a lot of time when I was young reading Nancy Drew. There are concepts from the books that I still remember. Nancy was always going to "powder her nose". Unfortunately I don't have the earliest editions.I have a mix of the blue and yellow ones.

Quilting Nonnie said...

I forgot to tell you... I just bought a Kindle this week, very exciting! I'm saving your tutorial so I can make a Nancy Drew cover for it also!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails