Friday, January 11, 2013

Let's Make Baby Quilts {week 2}

I got my own quilt for this week done -- here's Sara.  You can read more details about her in this post.



And I've got the tutorial for Benny written up for you. It calls for  192  two and a half inch squares, but I rarely if ever count my squares for the scrap quilts. I just cut a bunch and keep them in a box, then add more when it's getting low.

Thanks to everyone who linked up last week! Laura linked to her adorable sailboat quilt with prairie points and rick rack waves and Jo shared her crumb star baby quilt.

Let's Make Baby Quilts Linky Party Rules:

I don't want to overwhelm everyone with a huge list of rules, but I do want this linky party to stay on the topic of baby quilts. They can be for donation, or for your own baby, or just because you think they're cute and want them in your sewing room, but they've got to be baby quilts. Link directly to your post or specific Flickr photo. Your post can be about a quilt that's finished, or in progress, or you can be writing about what you have planned, but it's got to be about baby quilts. While we're still gathering steam, you're welcome to link to baby quilt related posts that aren't brand new, but please don't submit the same post more than once. I'd love it if you linked my site, either with a text link or the Let's Make Baby Quilts! button




3 comments:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I should have some new Project Linus posts for next weeks link up... I used an old post with 3 quilts on it. I'm waiting to get a new machine setup (bigger throat!).

Sweet Woodruff said...

I'm binding a baby/lap quilt right now. I went to the sewing room to get something and found a 6 year old quilt, still without binding. Oy vey! Thanks for the motivation.

Denise :) said...

Oh! I think Sara may be my favorite so far (have I already said that?!) ... I love the florals and what looks like touches of bright pink! Pretty! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails