Saturday, January 12, 2013

I think this is Emily

As in Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul...  I'm having an awful lot of fun naming these baby quilts!
 

This one got its start with a couple of yards of a blue print that came from who-knows-where. Usually I can remember where I the big hunks came from, but this one is a mystery to me.  The answer is always that it came from one of the scrap bags, but I'd swear this one just materialized on top of my treadle.

My mind kept going back to the Nancy Drew baby quilt and the applique and how much I liked the look of it. I wanted to try it again, with something a lot easier to cut out. These are the same birds from the Birds in the Air quilt I made a few years back. 

The plan is to fuse them into place, then machine applique and quilt them with swirls like the ones I did for Quinn's green quilt.  By Friday, if all goes well!

2 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

This is beautiful with the birds on it! I love doing applique on pieced blocks too.

Denise :) said...

Yup ... I really like the rather 'starkness' of this ... it really makes it look like the birds are flying through the sky! Very, very pretty! And perfectly named, too! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails