Friday, June 22, 2012

Thread is on sale again!



Connecting Threads has Essentials thread spools on sale for 30% off through 8/13 -- woohoo! I haven't used up all of the neutrals I bought when thread was on sale last year, but I do need green and a few other colors for projects I've got planned. You can read all about my ove for their thread here.

Quinn's green quilt has been waiting for a backing. I've got two suitable sheets that both share the same problem -- too much white. Just in case he changes his mind and decides to actually use the quilt I've been making for him, I want to make it boy proof.



This is Metropolitan from their Urban Odyssey collection. I love that Zentangle looking print, which is just busy enough to hide some damage (duct tape, anyone?) and the price was right. I'm not sure if the green will look the same in person as it does on my laptop screen, but there are soooo many shades of green in the top that I can't imagine it won't work.

It's just starting to rain, so the roofers left early today. It's almost eerily quiet in the house....or was until the boys decided to make up for the lack of noise. But I can handle our usual kind of chaos. The roof should be done on Monday -- I can't wait!

3 comments:

krisgray said...

I know what you about CT thread. I love it too. It's the only way I can get so many colors for the price. My sympathy on the roof work!

Jocelyn said...

I love Connecting Threads Essentials too, but I sure wish they would bring back the variegated threads. I really loved how they looked on my quilts.

beaquilter said...

I need green too, and was just looking at their batik bundles.... hmmm, I see a $50 order coming up soon

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails