Thursday, October 06, 2011

the mouse again

One of my goals is to make the best quilts I can make with the fabric I've got. When I pulled this blue mouse print out of the sewing room, my first thought was that there was enough to do a quilt top and backing, something like the princess strippie or the moon strippie. But unlike those two projects, I didn't have coordinating fabrics staring me in the face. And I wanted to try something a little bit different.

I think this one's heavily influenced by mamacjt's ladies. I've been drooling over them for weeks now, especially the quilting on the white backgrounds. Not that I think I could duplicate that, but it gave me a starting point.



I can't decide if I like the wide border or not.

3 comments:

Jo said...

I still think that mouse is totally cute!

Mary said...

Cute mouse, those are the only kind I'd want in my house. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those mamacjt's ladies, TOO. I ordered one for myself! That outer border is a little wide...BTW

Angie in SoCal said...

Now that is a cute little mouse! Thank you so much for sharing him.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails