Friday, October 14, 2011

having a nice morning

It's kinda chilly outside, damp but not really raining. I've got a pot roast and lots veggies to put on the stove later. The activity we were supposed to attend (and I was guiltily planning to skip) was cancelled at the last minute.

This is nice. I like staying home.

Maybe I'll try baking something yummy for us to nibble on while the roast is bubbling away. These look good.

We all know I don't have the time or patience to make a bowl full of felt pine cones, but that's not going to stop me from wanting to. I have some felt, but there's definitely not a Styrofoam ball to be had anywhere in this house. Because Styrofoam is just too irresistibly crumbly (remember, I've got little boys) and wouldn't last a second if it did find its way in here.

I absolutely want to tape vintage pie tins to my kitchen wall. And I know I could find some at the estate sales around here.

And I kinda want to make a Capri Sun Bag Tutorial like this one at Me and My Boys.

Go to Lilly's Lace and look at all of those old wedding pictures. I'm swooning over some of those bouquets.

Meridian Road has reminded me that I've got a really neat paper cutter of my own. We adopted it, I think, from my grandparents' estate sale. Or when the appliance store closed. Either way, it's been in the family since it was new. I couldn't let the kids know that it even existed so it lived in a pantry cupboard. Until I forgot it existed.

Have you seen the Pop Bottle Curtain over at sewtakeahike? I have got to learn paper piecing. I sorta get how it's done, but I'm nowhere near as good as I'd need to be to tackle the projects I keep falling in love with.

What are you all up to today?

1 comment:

Denise :) said...

Wow -- you've been all over the place, huh?? Loved that felt pinecone tutorial. Thanks for sharing it! I see *that* project in my near future! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails