Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Barns and UFOs

Old barns fascinate me. Since we moved to the country five years ago, I'm lucky enough to see them every time I leave my house. Actually, I can see a couple just by looking out the window.

The one is at our favorite nursery. I always find myself wondering what it was like before it was converted to a gift shop...what dusty treasures might be hiding behind those upper windows...





Because there are never enough neat old barns to drool over, check out Barn Charm Tuesday.

I'm getting a little work on my projects done. Now that the 100 Quilts for Kids challenge is over, I pulled out and pin basted drab quilt #2. I'm wavering between really loving this flannel as a backing and just thinking it's good enough. Either way, I'm using it.



And I'm getting ready to cut up this pile of 4" squares that I found in one of the scrap bags. The very darks and very lights will get cut into strips for my next log cabin variation, and the rest will get cut into 2" squares for By the Lake, a long forgotten UFO.



It feels so good to be working on projects again!

This post is linked to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely a beautiful barn... love that blue sky!

Thanks so much for joining in & linking up to Barn Charm =)

Evelyn S. said...

Of course, when I see "Oregon" anywhere, I'm curious! Beautiful barn....wonder how long it will be standing? Your quilts are LOVELY!

Kathy said...

Looks like you have a lot of nice projects going on! Thanks for sharing the barn photo, it's pretty.

Martha said...

Love the old barns...and all your projects are great. Enjoyed my visit.

Carole said...

That is a fabulous barn. Thanks for sharing it. :-)

NoteworthyMusings

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails