Saturday, October 22, 2011

130 Mini Quilt Blocks

I've been to the library again, adding to my list of books I'd like to own.



130 Mini Quilt Blocks
A collection of exquisite patchwork blocks using ready-made fabric bundles
by Susan Briscoe

This is a neat little book. The hundred and thirty blocks promised by the title are divided into ten chapters. Many of the blocks are familiar, but there are quite a few that I've never seen before. If I've got one complaint about this book, it's that the blocks aren't all the same finished size, so if you plan on using it to make a sampler quilt, you'll have to pick all of your blocks from the same chapter.

The few necessary templates are all included in the back of the book and are all full size. There's an introductory chapter that briefly covers fabric selection and cutting, different techniques used to assemble the blocks, and quilting. Scattered through the book are suggested uses for the blocks. I found several little quilts that I'd like to make. Those tempting little projects are what sets this book apart from other block collections.



1 comment:

DAWNIE said...

oh wow Michelle you have some lovely things on your blog - thanks for visiting mine, is always nice to meet new people.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails