Wednesday, September 14, 2011

time to make some baby quilts

When I first saw a post about 100 Quilts for Kids, I thought it sounded like an absolute blast and that I'd make up a batch of baby quilts. Because last year, I was making up baby quilts to donate in batches of ten or twelve at a time.

I've got to remember that this isn't last year. Two days before it's time to start donating, and I haven't made a single one. The two tops I just finished aren't baby quilts. They could be...I'd wrap them around my babies, if I had any little enough...but they're not what I had in mind when I decided to do this. I want something bright and cute. Something new. Using the baby quilts that have been hanging in the dining room since before my knee surgery would be cheating. The idea (for me) is to make new quilts.

And I don't know what I want to make. So I pulled out the photo album I started last year and I'm deciding which ones I want to make a again. I'm figuring out what I'd do differently this time. And remembering those quilts that I meant to make but never quite got around to.



I can do ten baby quilts in a month!

Swim, Bike, Quilt

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails