Sunday, September 04, 2011

some sad news

The thrift store that's been the source of most of my fabric scraps (not to mention a lot of my best cheap yarn finds) is closing at the end of this month. Do I even need to tell you how sad I am? It may not be the end of scrap quilting as I know it, but what is my teenage daughter going to wear?! She's found some of the greatest stuff there recently.

Here's the stash report for this week. I've used some fabric (that drab lap quilt top) and some yarn (three baby hats.) And some fabric found its way to me. I hear that more (possibly a lot more) is on its way, but I'll explain that once it gets here.

Fabric Used this Week: 1 1/3 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 46 1/3 yards
Added this Week: 10 yards
Added Year to Date: 751 yards
Net Added for 2011: 704 2/3 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 150 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 6590 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 700 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 14075 yards
Net Added for 2011: 7485 yards

Judy had issued a stashbusting challenge. My year got off to such a dismal stashbusting start, I'd like to use up twice what I've used already -- another 90 yards. And it's possible, if I don't spend all of my quilting time on projects that use up more time than fabric.

I'm not going to choose projects based on how fast they'll meet my goal. It's already been a lousy year for quilting, so I'm going to work on what makes me happy at the time and just see what I wind up using.

My big, MUST DO IT NOW goal is still to get my stash and my sewing room organized. I don't know when I'll find the time to actually get out there, but it's going to happen. Someday.

3 comments:

Donna said...

You may surprise yourself by working on what makes you happy. You'll be more motivated and excited about it, and will probably sew more.

Good luck!

Amy said...

Sorry to hear about the thrift shop. I know that will be a loss for your community.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Oh, I hate to hear your favorite place is closing it's doors! Sounds like you keep your little fingers very busy!
Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails