Sunday, September 18, 2011

settling

I want to make Swoon. I'd been drawn to the pattern before, but since I saw Amanda's version here, I've been getting a little obsessed. And then I saw this one. I love regular quilts made with Halloween fabrics.

I was hoping to buy some light grey fabric for the background, but the best they had was a darker purplish grey. I took it over to the Halloween fabrics and held up some of the orange and black prints. I think it'll work. It'd better, since I've got six yards of it!

Is it just me? Every time I go to the fabric store hoping to buy fabric for a specific project, I wind up settling for something that's not quite what I was hoping for. Or leaving empty handed.

With enough patience, I probably could have found a grey sheet at the thrift store. But I want this quilt NOW! (And have conveniently pretended to forget the dozen other things I need to be working on.)



Alex found the Dia de Los Muertos fabric and it was just too neat for me not to buy a yard. I'm thinking I'll use it in a quilt, but not anytime soon.

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 48 2/3 yards
Added this Week: 20 yards
Added Year to Date: 841 yards
Net Added for 2011: 792 1/3 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 6640 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 14075 yards
Net Added for 2011: 7435 yards

For more weekly stash reports, visit Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

Jan said...

Boy, I am anxious to see what you make. It is a great pattern, and I love Halloween. Keep us posted!

Cathy said...

Swoon is on my want-to-do list as well. It should be great in halloween fabrics.

Tania said...

It isn't 'just you' at all! Overwhelmed by choice is my usual affliction. Now make that quilt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails