Thursday, September 22, 2011

Finished!



This one's been sitting for a couple of weeks, waiting for me to dig out some black cotton for the binding. I wound up buying a yard of fabric, thinking it'd be my constant fabric for Jo's Crumb Along, but I stole a bit to get this project finished. Now I'm not sure if I like the quality of it or not. In the store, I was sure it was 100% cotton. (The information on the end of the bolt had been torn up by a price sticker.) At home, it's making me wonder.

I'll see how it handles a trip through the washer and dryer and decide from there. If it's not quilt-worthy, I've got a Halloween decoration to use it for.

As for the project itself, it's going right back on the sewing room wall where it hung for a couple of years. And I get to cross another item off of the UFO list.

I finally seem to be getting back into the swing of things as far as my quilting is concerned. The pattern for Swoon is all printed out and sitting next to my computer. As soon as I get a chance, I'm going to prewash my Halloween prints and start deciding which ones I want to use.

And I'm absolutely drooling over the vintage sheet projects over at quilt.cook.keep. She's made dresden plates and postage stamps and a log cabin variation that just make my heart go pitty pat.

I've decided the best way to get as many different prints as I can as cheaply as I can is to haunt the thrift stores for pillow cases.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Your wall hanging would be something perfect for the Ghastlies fabric! I think I might get some ideas from this. It is really pretty.
Quilting by the River

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails