Friday, September 09, 2011

feeling lazy

The sun is shining, my new washer is agitating, I've got a brand new rotary cutter... and after running errands all day yesterday and the day before that, I'm just worn out. I've spent a huge chunk of the afternoon sitting here looking at pretty eye candy instead of tackling the projects I'd hoped to start today.

I meant to buy dark embroidery floss so I could start this. Now it'll be at least a week before I get back to town. (The closest place I can find that sells DMC is thirty miles from here.)

I also meant to buy a couple of cans of pumpkin at the grocery store. Not because I had a specific recipe in mind, but because I knew I'd want to make something yummy and pumpkin-y soon. And this morning I found this recipe for Pumpkin Nutella Bread. Doesn't that sound good?

I know darn well that even if I had cans of pumpkins and skeins of floss, I wouldn't be working on either project. But it still bugs me that I forgot them.

I thought I'd be cutting fabric today, but it's just too hot to turn on the iron.

I'm loving this quilt. I loved the pattern the first time I saw it, but those are Halloween fabrics! I've got a bunch of Halloween fabrics I'd like to use up -- wouldn't that be just the best way to do it?

As lazy as I'm feeling, I think I'm running out of things that need to be run through the new washer. My infautation with this thing can't last much longer. It's only laundry...

1 comment:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

I know what you mean about being infatuated with your new washer. When I got mine I washed a lot of my fabrics and all of my quilts since I got one without a agitator. Enjoy your day taking it easy. The Swoon pattern would be neat, it looks great in the halloween fabrics.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails