Monday, May 09, 2011

crossing things off the list

Still trying to get my ducks in a row before next week. I'm through everything that has to be done and working on the things I'd like to have done before I'm chasing four kids around on crutches.

One of my big to-dos was to finish a UFO for the Stashbusters challenge. Strawberry Fields seemed manageable enough -- just quilt it and bind it and I'm done.



Why has this finished top been sitting on my ironing board for a year?

Partly because I wanted to quilt it with straight lines like Lori did hers and I broke my walking foot and lost my masking tape and then just got intimidated by the whole thing.

Partly because I got busy working on other projects.

I never posted a picture of the finished top because I always thought I'd have it quilted in a day or two. I'm not posting a full picture now because I hope to have the binding done tonight.



We checked on the bees this afternoon, so my clothes are full of smoke. If this is the right picture, you can see some larvae in the cells. If it's the wrong picture, those vague shapes in the open cells look an awful lot like the shapes in the other picture that are larvae.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails