Friday, May 13, 2011

Bloggers Quilt Festival


This is the quilt I'm going to make.

Obviously, I've already made it, but I'm going to make it again and next time it's going to be bed size. I've already gushed about this quilt once this week, but it's been a while since I finished a big quilt -- the last one was my entry in the previous Blogger's Quilt Festival.

I thought about taking the top for this one apart so that I could use the blocks in the big quilt, but I talked myself out of it. This one was meant for something else and it would bug me to know there were bits of another quilt hiding in the one on my bed.

The pattern for this quilt evolved from the baby quilts I was making last year. Directions for the block are here.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and have fun checking out all of the other great quilt festival entries!

Amy's Creative Side

10 comments:

Sarah Craig said...

It's a beautiful quilt, Michelle - very harmonious and calming! Thanks for sharing...

Teresa said...

I really like it! It looks warm and cozy.

Sabine said...

Lovely quilt, lovely colours. Thanks for sharing.

Jane said...

Great color choices!

Sandra said...

Great quilt, I'm glad you didn't cannabalize it for the new quilt.
Love the combo of circles and squares.
Come see my entries, #212 repro cheddar stars and #216 antique 1850 applique flower garden

stitchinpenny said...

The circles and squares make this quilt beautiful.

Eileen said...

Very pretty and always lover circles. Great colors and love it. Thanks for sharing and have a great day

Karen said...

This is such a simple quilt but your fabric choices have made it fantastic. It really does show how important it is to get the fabric right. I look forward to seeing what you do with the next one!!

Sarcastic Quilter said...

It's very pretty and I can see why you are making it again.

Unknown said...

Circles are my favorite!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails