Friday, January 21, 2011

sometimes you need a deadline

Quilting the 30s top shouldn't have taken longer than an afternoon, maybe two. It's not a large quilt. I'm only doing a basic meander, and I'm not being too picky about technique.

But somehow the quilting dragged on and on like you would not believe. This has got to be the free motion equivalent of the Yarn Harlot's black hole of knitting. Not a fun place to be, especially on a project you've fallen completely out of love with.

Yesterday, I decided that I had to be done quilting by the boys' bedtime tonight so I could do something actually fun with my Mommy time tonight. I finished with an hour to spare, and I've already started the binding.

If I can do a side a day (four days for the machine stitching, and four days for the hand stitching) I can get this done by the end of the month.

I am going to get this done.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails