Saturday, January 01, 2011

making myself a little crazy

I'm making this a whole lot harder than it needs to be.

I'm thinking no more than five squares of any one fabric...which would mean at least two hundred different prints. I've got that. I've probably got enough to make every single square a different color.

The stress kicks in when I think about distributing that many different fabrics and colors and styles somewhat evenly over the whole thing.

I can do this. I have done this, on a smaller scale. If I'm going to make a quilt called "Scrap Vomit" I'm going to go all out.

Last night, I went through my bin of 2 1/2" squares and pulled out some prints I want to use. As I keep cutting squares in my efforts to sort out my stash, I'll add a few more at a time to the Stash Vomit pile and sew them into strips of seven. When I've got enough of those done, I'll think about sewing them into blocks.

Not sure how I'll do the alternate blocks. They've got fewer print squares, so I may just do them when the mood hits and trust that they'll work with the rest of it.

Looks like I've chosen my first big project of the new year!

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails