Sunday, May 02, 2010

The cats are together!



I'm not sure I'm happy with the size of the quilt, or which machine I'm going to quilt it on, but I'm trying to step back and be happy I've made it this far.

I do, through one of Grandma's miracles, actually have an eight yard length of dark floral that will be more than enough for backing and binding. Who gets rid of this stuff?! And how is Grandma always in the right place to find it? It's been sitting my stash for a couple of years now, waiting for just the right project.

The cats might be it.

Today's inspiration:

Except for that little Christmas scene I started and forgot, I haven't cross stitched in several years, but the samplers at Time to Stitch might be what gets me going again. And if they aren't cute enough, there are the little applique quilt patterns.

I was tempted by the new block Bonnie has in Quiltmaker, but after seeing the quilt Beth has going, I've got to start one of my own.

And these little embroidered wigs at So September are making me wish I hadn't messed up the password on our Paypal account. I really should do some embroidery before I go buying patterns for it. Maybe fireflies in a jar?

2 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

Congrats on getting your cats to this stage. I love that new block by Bonnie too ... another to add to the 'want to make' pile :)

June said...

I really love your new cat quilt. Where did you find that pattern? It's a new one to me.
June NC

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails