Saturday, October 20, 2007

Sometimes, it takes me an awfully long time to figure out the obvious.

After I finished Heath's latest sweater and pulled it over my own head to make sure that the neck was big enough, it hit me that with not too much more time and effort that I was spending on his over sized sweaters, I could've made one for myself. The Cobblestone actually fits me -- like a second skin with five inches of negative ease - but the point is that if I'd cast on 30 or 40 more stitches, I could've been making a sweater for me.

Then, when I was rooting around in my sewing room for those wooden needles that I still can't find, I had to move the copy of Interweave Knits which has been lying open to the Bed & Breakfast Pullover for I don't know how long. And it hit me that I can knit that. I've been wanting to knit that. I bought yarn to knit that a very long time ago. I did think seriously about casting on at some point since Leif was born, but took one serious look at the pattern and backed away in terror.

Now, I can't figure out what I was so scared of. It's a sweater. With lots of ribbing. And a big panel of cables. I can knit cables. I can definitely knit ribbing. Hopefully, I can get gauge.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails