Saturday, May 05, 2007

I've been happily planning how I might actually knit a dent in my stash, coming up with a plan of attack that should work -- besides the obvious "start knitting and don't stop until you're done" approach. I made one last purchase before promising myself not to buy any more yarn for as long as I can stand it....and I'm already in trouble!

Monday night, I placed what was meant to be my last yarn order for at least a couple of months. I got yarn for the Reversible Lace Rib Shrug With Swing Shaping, which I've been intrigued by since they first posted the pattern months ago, yarn for the Pacific Waves Shawl in Rose Garden, which I've been drooling over for a couple weeks, and five skeins of Calista for that version of the Luna Moth Shawl.

Every single time I place a Knitpicks or Elann order and swear I won't order more yarn anytime soon, they immediately come out with yummy stuff that I can barely live without. It's the way the world works, and I was prepared for it. But I wasn't at all happy when I got my yarn order Friday morning and saw the Peruvian Baby Lace Merino that's going to become available on the 8th. Six hundred yards of 50% Baby Alpaca/ 50% Fine Merino for $4.48! If I'd waited just a couple more days, I could've made Gerda in pink

sigh

Why didn't I think to look at the sneak peeks before placing my order?!

I do love the yarn I ordered, especially the Calista, but it would've been so easy to add another $4 skein of yarn or two or three to the total.

It's not the end of the world. I could spend the rest of my birthday money from Mom and Dad (birthday yarn does not by any stretch of the imagination count as cheating against knitting from my stash or knitting a dent, or whatever it is I'm supposedly doing). I could cheat. Or I could wait until I've finished a big project and celebrate with laceweight.

The Pacific Waves Shawl is big...

2 comments:

Pat said...

Elann sends me this deadly email every month showing what is coming up for the month - I saw the lace....

Rachel said...

You always find the coolest patterns! Thanks so much for always posting the link in your blog, because that's usually how I find more things I want to knit (as if I needed more things . . .)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails