Sunday, May 20, 2007

Finally, this sweater is worth showing a picture of!



I really liked the cables on the sleeves and hem of Briar Rose, but my first thought was why not make it a top down raglan? Lately I've had good luck with those. And bad luck with seams.

Alex's current favorite top is a raglan with a wide neckline and 3/4 sleeves, a style which would make my 600some yards of yarn more likely to be enough, so I measured the neck and sleeves and figured out my gauge and cast on.

Neckline #1 was a stupid disaster. I don't know how it took me quite so long to realize that, but I should've noticed a lot sooner than I did.

Neckline #2 was slightly less of a disaster and it took me just as long to see the danger signs. If not longer. I wasn't willing to frog the whole thing again, so I kept going until I had a sleeve done and then tried to wrestle it into submission.

It took me until way past midnight, but the neck just fine now, Instead of a gaping, curling, stockinette monstrosity, there's ribbing that looks exactly like it should.

It won't slide down over her shoulders and drop to the ground! And I'm pretty sure I'm going to have enough yarn to finish the rest of it.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Can't wait to see the whole thing - that sleeve edge is beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails