Monday, April 25, 2005

pawing through my stash

Quinn, who keeps leaking all over me, and Nick, who has a great website that explains all about diaper soakers and how to actually use the things have just about convinced me to try cloth diapering again. The only thing I'm missing is the perfect wool. Should've bought some when I was standing in the Mill End Store with a 25% off coupon, or when I placed my Knitpicks order a couple of days ago, but I was trying to be good and didn't know I had an actual reason to buy those pretty colors.

Instead of buying new wool, I could use the stuff I bought for Bill's socks (bad idea, because then I've lost the possibility of making him socks) or the Fisherman Wool I haven't dyed yet (good idea, because then I can get more tangerine and mango Kool Aid and dye the soaker!) or the green stuff that's sitting in my lap (iffy idea, because I don't know how much of it there is.)

While I was ransacking the visible portion of my stash, I found yarn that might work for Ruffles from Scarf Style, and two skeins of yarn that will work for a pair of slippers I want to make my grandfather -- they're different dye lots, but if I use one skein for each slipper, who's going to know? And since the baby's outgrowing most of his hats (at least the ones I haven't misplaced), I want to knit one of these. There's gotta be the perfect baby hat yarn here someplace...

I've been productive, too. A bunch of quilt squares and six rows of Clapotis, which is suddenly the slowest thing I've knit since Knot a Knitted Paper Bag.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails