Saturday, January 29, 2005

X's & O's

I've spent three evenings knitting on Besotted, and the more progress I make, the happier I am with the way it's turning out. It's pretty and has a great name and the cable pattern is interesting, but just barely simple enough to keep track of while there are other things going on.

And after getting all inspired by ReKal 2005, I dug out the thrift store sweaters that have been stuffed in the closet for more than a year now. The purple one has been taken apart and unraveled into what's got to be at least 900 yards of yummy wool/angora blend. I've still got two more sweaters to play with, but what I'd really like to do is dig through the bins at the GoodWill outlet looking for muddy reddish brown yarn-to-be. That'll have to wait until the love of my life goes back to work, though, because I don't even want to try to explain to him why I'm frogging sweaters instead of knitting with the yarn I've got or using my spinning wheel.

I know why -- because I've just discovered that I can spend $2 and get hours and hours of playtime. And I haven't even knit anything with it yet!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails