Friday, February 06, 2004

The needlework tote is done. Doesn't match the pattern, but it's as finished as it's going to get for now. I didn't have anywhere near the right number of stitches on the long sides (wonder if that's part of the reason I put it aside in the first place?) so I couldn't do the neat handle openings. And I wasn't about to rip the whole thing back down to the bottom to reuse $3 with of yarn I didn't like knitting with. It looks nice, but just about flayed my fingers. So I made a twisted cord strap out of some of the leftover yarn and I'm calling it done. Mostly because I promised myself I'd finish it before I ordered some yarn I want from Elann.com and I didn't want to spend the time it'd take to knit a long strap.

I've got to get a camera so I can share pictures of some of my projects. The felted soap bar probably wouldn't be very photogenic, but I sure like using it. And now that I know it works, I'm going to use some of my pretty roving to make a nicer ones. Wonder how dh would react if I felted every soap bar in the house? :-)

Michelle

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails